Mud Thin is a mud thinner and deflocculant that provides the cleanest and most effective mud viscosity control.
- Quick make-up and thinning action
- Functions over a wide pH range
- Contributes to fluid loss control
- Reduces mud viscositywithout mud dilution
Appearance Amber Liquid
Specific Gravity 1.3 g/cm³
Bulk Density 10.8 lb/ft³
Temp. Stability >400°
Mud Thin enhances and improves filtration rate control, functions at virtually all pH levels, and is non-toxic it also contains no heavy metals. It prevents bit balling and mud rings it also reduces viscosity and gel strenghts.
Bit Balling / Mud Rings
- ½ gallon to 1 gallon of Bore Thin per 500 Gallons
- Slowly add Mud thin to mud until desired viscosity is achieved
Bore Boost is a non-foaming Surfactant that water wets the formation which prevents sticking on the dill pipe and bit. It is made for fresh water drilling systems only and should be used in conjunction with other Velocity Energy Services products
- Reduces the stickiness of clay to ensure the bit stays clean.
- Excellent surfactant in in water based fluid systems.
- Coats drill pipe string and produces and creates good flow of cuttings material.
- Water wets surfaces to help keep bit cool in mud and rocky soil conditions.
- Softens and conditions hard water to maximize other Velocity Products
Physical State Liquid
Specific Gravity 1.4
Density (lbs/gal) 8.51
Solubility in water(%) 100% Soluble
VSX100 is used to disperse clay and other solids coming into contact with the drilling fluids. It works by water wetting all surfaces preventing solids from sticking to them. It will not affect fluid loss, filter cake or rheological properties.
- ½ Gallon Bore Boost Treats 500 Gallons of Water
- Best when used with Bore Drill and Clay Stop
Recommended Fluid Formulation
- 2 LBS of soda ash
- 1 quart of Bore Boost
- 1 quart of Bore Drill
Bore Drill is a multi-functional liquid polymer designed to improve drilling efficiency in both horizontal and vertical drilled holes through its rapid field mixing, viscosity development, and clay and shale inhibition.
- Performance in fresh water to very heavy brines
- Shale stabilization
- Viscosity Modifier
- Supports fluid loss control
- Provides Borehole lubrication
Degree of Charge, % medium to low
Specific gravity @ 20°C 1.02 – 1.05
Viscosity, as is, cps ~1500
Shelf life, months 6
Dosage 0.5-2.0 lb/bbl
Designed for use as a drilling fluid polymer for improved viscosity, bit lubrication, and shale stabilization/inhibition. Can be mixed into bentonite slurries for use in vertical or horizontal drilling applications.
- ½ gallon of Bore Drill will treat 1000 gallons of water
Recommended Fluid Formulation for clay (Per 500 Gal)
- 2 LBS Soda Ash
- ¼ Gallon Bore Drill
- ¼ Gallon Bore Boost
Bore Drill inhibits the swelling of clay. Bore Clean is used as a wetting agent to prevent clay from sticking to the product line and downhole tooling. May need to increase Bore Clean to 4 Qts per 500 gallons if clay is highly reactive (sticky) Add soda ash at a rate of 1 pt/100 gallons to treat water prior to mixing other additives. Soda ash will enhance the yield of your additives.
Sand Zan is a 4.0 lb/gal active, high purity xanthan gum slurry. It is used to design low-solids fluids that have effective carrying and suspending properties. Sand Zan is effective in most water-based fluid applications for rheology modification, solids suspension, and improved hole cleaning.
- Readily disperses to enable mixing in low shear environments
- Excellent stability in brines
- Enhances gel strength and an effective viscosifier
- Transports Larger cuttings, Gravel and cobble over long bores
- Strengthens filer cake and improves bore stability
- Effective over a wide pH range
Appearance Tan to light brown slurry
Specific Gravity 1.04 to 1.08
Density 8.67 to 9.01 lbs/gal
pH (1% soln. in water) 6.0 to 8.0
Flash Point >230°F (>110°C)
Solubility in Water Soluble
Active content 4.0 lbs/gal
Designed to enhance gel strength of the drilling fluid for improved suspension and transporting of drill cuttings, gravel, and cobble on long bores. Sand Zan will perform effectively in fresh or saltwater.
- 1 Gallon of Sand Zan treats 500 gallons of water
Recommended Fluid Formulation sand and cobble (Per 500 Gal)
- 2 LBS SODA ASH
- 50 LBS GEL
Sand Zan can be added to enhance the suspension capability of the fluid. Sand Zan enhances the wall cake to keep the formation better isolated. Add soda ash at a rate of 1 LBS per 100 gallons to treat water prior to mixing other additives. Soda ash will enhance the yield of your additives.
Clay – Stop
Clay-Stop is a concentrated, non-hazardous, proprietary clay inhibitor that can be used with either polymer or bentonite drilling fluid systems.
- Greatly reduces clay rings and bit balling
- Increases returns to the surface
- Readily dispersible
- Reduces pullback pressures
- Reduces torque
Appearance Clear to light amber/pale yellow.
Odor. Faint amine odor.
Odor threshold. Threshold not determined.
Clay-Stop is to be used on any size HDD bore. Using Clay-Stop will greatly reduce or eliminate clay cuttings from sticking to each other and to the drilling tools.
- ¼ gallon of Clay-Stop treats 500 gallons of water
Recommended Fluid Formulation For Drilling In Clay (per 500 Gal)
- 2 LBS Soda Ash
Clay-Stop should be added to the drilling fluid system last. For sticky and swelling clays use 0.25 to .5 gallon per 500 gallons (2 to 4 liters/4 m3) depending on water sensitivity of the formation.
For maximum effectiveness, Clay-Stop should be used starting with the pilot hole and all reaming and pullback stages. Clays begin swelling and absorbing water immediately upon contact with water starting with the pilot hole. Clay-Stop will eliminate or greatly reduce this problem.