Mud Thin is a mud thinner and deflocculant that provides the cleanest and most effective mud viscosity control.
- Quick make-up and thinning action
- Functions over a wide pH range
- Contributes to fluid loss control
- Reduces mud viscositywithout mud dilution
Appearance Amber Liquid
Specific Gravity 1.3 g/cm³
Bulk Density 10.8 lb/ft³
Temp. Stability >400°
Mud Thin enhances and improves filtration rate control, functions at virtually all pH levels, and is non-toxic it also contains no heavy metals. It prevents bit balling and mud rings it also reduces viscosity and gel strenghts.
Bit Balling / Mud Rings
- ½ gallon to 1 gallon of Bore Thin per 500 Gallons
- Slowly add Mud thin to mud until desired viscosity is achieved
Bore Drill P
Bore Drill P stabilizing agent is a free flowing, water-soluble, easy mixing, 100% active, dry granular polymer. Bore Drill P stabilizing agent is a very high molecular weight partially hydrolyzed polyacrylamide (PHPA) polymer. When mixed with fresh water, a small quantity of Bore Drill P stabilizing agent can provide a clear, solid-free, viscous borehole stabilizing fluid for use in drilled shaft, auger drilling, horizontal directional boring, trenching excavation and reverse circulation (RC) rotary drilling. Bore Drill P stabilizing agent is not designed to be used in conjunction with bentonite based fluids (Gel).
- Efficient shale/clay stabilizer and viscosifier
- Does not require solids control unit to clean the slurry
- Helps maintain a stable and gauge borehole
- Helps maximize skin friction and ultimate end bearing capacity for a drilled shaft
- No petroleum distillates involved
- Can be broken down chemically with bleach (sodium hypochlorite)
Appearance white granular
Bulk density, lb/ft3 52
pH (0.25% solution) 8.5 to 9.0
- Build a clay-free boring fluid
- Stabilize reactive clay and shale formations
- Enhance core recovery in continuous wireline coring operations
- Provide high cohesiveness to bind excavated sandy soil and gravel
- Removal of drilled spoils from augers and increase excavation rate
- Maximize load transfer for drilled shaft application
- 1-2 Pound of Bore Drill P will treat 100 gallons of water
Recommended Fluid Formulation for clay (Per 500 Gal)
- 2 LBS Soda Ash
- 5 LBS Bore Drill P
- ¼ Gallon Bore Boost
- ¼ Gallon Clay Stop
Sand Zan is a 4.0 lb/gal active, high purity xanthan gum slurry. It is used to design low-solids fluids that have effective carrying and suspending properties. Sand Zan is effective in most water-based fluid applications for rheology modification, solids suspension, and improved hole cleaning.
- Readily disperses to enable mixing in low shear environments
- Excellent stability in brines
- Enhances gel strength and an effective viscosifier
- Transports Larger cuttings, Gravel and cobble over long bores
- Strengthens filer cake and improves bore stability
- Effective over a wide pH range
Appearance Tan to light brown slurry
Specific Gravity 1.04 to 1.08
Density 8.67 to 9.01 lbs/gal
pH (1% soln. in water) 6.0 to 8.0
Flash Point >230°F (>110°C)
Solubility in Water Soluble
Active content 4.0 lbs/gal
Designed to enhance gel strength of the drilling fluid for improved suspension and transporting of drill cuttings, gravel, and cobble on long bores. Sand Zan will perform effectively in fresh or saltwater.
- 1 Gallon of Sand Zan treats 500 gallons of water
Recommended Fluid Formulation sand and cobble (Per 500 Gal)
- 2 LBS SODA ASH
- 50 LBS GEL
Sand Zan can be added to enhance the suspension capability of the fluid. Sand Zan enhances the wall cake to keep the formation better isolated. Add soda ash at a rate of 1 LBS per 100 gallons to treat water prior to mixing other additives. Soda ash will enhance the yield of your additives.
Sand Pac is an easy mixing, water soluble, polymer supplied as a granular powder. Sand Pac is designed for preparation of viscous earth-reinforcing fluids or slurries for a variety of drilling, trenching, and walling applications in the geo-construction industry.
- Can be mixed directly in the borehole or excavation
- Stabilizes borehole while excavating; improves skin friction
- Non-gelling, even at high viscosities, facilitating settlement of fines, and maintenance of a clean fluid
- High cohesiveness to bind excavated soil and gravel
- Improves loading and removal of spoils
- Works well in both fresh and saltwater
Appearance: Solid. Powder. Dust.
ODOR: Odorless or no characteristic odor.
Sand Pac is ideal for slurry trenching, diaphragm walls, drilled shafts/bored piles, and tunneling.
Treatment For 500 Gallons of Water
- 5lbs of Sand Pac will treat 500 gallons of water, use Soda Ash to lower water hardness
- Sand Pac should be used in addition to other Velocity Energy Services products
Sand Pac should be mixed by sifting carefully into a stream of water directed into the excavation or an agitator mix tank. Make-up water should have a pH of 8-10; add 6 lbs SODA ASH per 1,000 gallons water.
Bore Clean is a liquid solution of nonionic surfactants formulated to lower surface tension and increase wetting properties of drilling fluids.
- Assists in keeping the drill bit clean and prevents bit balling
- Designed to work in fresh or saltwater
- Mixes very easily
- Promotes settling of clays at the reserve pit/tank
- Reduces torque and drag associated with drilling in swelling clays
Appearance Viscous Liquid
Specific gravity @ 20°C .99 – 1.01
Flash Point >200°
Designed to reduce the interfacial tension and inhibit the hydration and dispersion of clay and shale.
- ½ gallon of Bore Clean treats 500 gallons of water
Recommended Fluid Formulation for Drilling in clay (Per 500 Gal)
- 2 LBS SODA ASH
- ¼ Gallon Bore Drill
- ½ Gallon Bore Clean
Bore Drill inhibits the swelling of clay. Bore Clean is used as a wetting agent to prevent clay from sticking to the product line and downhole tooling. May need to increase Bore Clean to 4 Qts per 500 gallons if clay is highly reactive (sticky) Add soda ash at a rate of 1 pt/100 gallons to treat water prior to mixing other additives. Soda ash will enhance the yield of your additives.