Mud Thin is a mud thinner and deflocculant that provides the cleanest and most effective mud viscosity control.
- Quick make-up and thinning action
- Functions over a wide pH range
- Contributes to fluid loss control
- Reduces mud viscositywithout mud dilution
Appearance Amber Liquid
Specific Gravity 1.3 g/cm³
Bulk Density 10.8 lb/ft³
Temp. Stability >400°
Mud Thin enhances and improves filtration rate control, functions at virtually all pH levels, and is non-toxic it also contains no heavy metals. It prevents bit balling and mud rings it also reduces viscosity and gel strenghts.
Bit Balling / Mud Rings
- ½ gallon to 1 gallon of Bore Thin per 500 Gallons
- Slowly add Mud thin to mud until desired viscosity is achieved
Sand Zan P
Sand Zan P is a premium quality, powdered biopolymer that is used to enhance the carrying capacity of both clay and polymer-based drilling fluids. Sand Zan P is easily dispersible in fresh or brackish water.
- Can mix easily into pre-hydrated bentonite-based fluids
- Helps enhance system by increasing the suspension properties of the base drilling fluid with a minimal increase in viscosity
- Small packaging for ease of handling and reduction of waste
Appearance Free-flowing beige powder
Specific gravity 1.6
Bulk density (lb/ft3 ) 45
pH (0.14% or 0.5 lb/bbl) 7.1 – 7.4
Increased gel strength of the drilling fluid for better suspension of the drilled cuttings, coarse sand and gravel. Enhanced carrying capacity for solids suspension at lower viscosity to further ensure flowability on longer length bores and backreams.
- 3 to 5 pounds of Sand Zan P treats 500 gallons of water
- Best If Used with Other Velocity Products
Recommended Fluid Formulation sand and cobble (Per 500 Gal)
- 2 LBS Soda Ash
- 50 LBS Gel
Sand Zan P can be added to enhance the suspension capability of the fluid. Sand Zan P enhances the wall cake to keep the formation better isolated. Add soda ash at a rate of 1 LBS per 100 gallons to treat water prior to mixing other additives. Soda ash will enhance the yield of your additives.
Bore Boost is a non-foaming Surfactant that water wets the formation which prevents sticking on the dill pipe and bit. It is made for fresh water drilling systems only and should be used in conjunction with other Velocity Energy Services products
- Reduces the stickiness of clay to ensure the bit stays clean.
- Excellent surfactant in in water based fluid systems.
- Coats drill pipe string and produces and creates good flow of cuttings material.
- Water wets surfaces to help keep bit cool in mud and rocky soil conditions.
- Softens and conditions hard water to maximize other Velocity Products
Physical State Liquid
Specific Gravity 1.4
Density (lbs/gal) 8.51
Solubility in water(%) 100% Soluble
VSX100 is used to disperse clay and other solids coming into contact with the drilling fluids. It works by water wetting all surfaces preventing solids from sticking to them. It will not affect fluid loss, filter cake or rheological properties.
- ½ Gallon Bore Boost Treats 500 Gallons of Water
- Best when used with Bore Drill and Clay Stop
Recommended Fluid Formulation
- 2 LBS of soda ash
- 1 quart of Bore Boost
- 1 quart of Bore Drill
Sand Pac is an easy mixing, water soluble, polymer supplied as a granular powder. Sand Pac is designed for preparation of viscous earth-reinforcing fluids or slurries for a variety of drilling, trenching, and walling applications in the geo-construction industry.
- Can be mixed directly in the borehole or excavation
- Stabilizes borehole while excavating; improves skin friction
- Non-gelling, even at high viscosities, facilitating settlement of fines, and maintenance of a clean fluid
- High cohesiveness to bind excavated soil and gravel
- Improves loading and removal of spoils
- Works well in both fresh and saltwater
Appearance: Solid. Powder. Dust.
ODOR: Odorless or no characteristic odor.
Sand Pac is ideal for slurry trenching, diaphragm walls, drilled shafts/bored piles, and tunneling.
Treatment For 500 Gallons of Water
- 5lbs of Sand Pac will treat 500 gallons of water, use Soda Ash to lower water hardness
- Sand Pac should be used in addition to other Velocity Energy Services products
Sand Pac should be mixed by sifting carefully into a stream of water directed into the excavation or an agitator mix tank. Make-up water should have a pH of 8-10; add 6 lbs SODA ASH per 1,000 gallons water.
Clay – Stop
Clay-Stop is a concentrated, non-hazardous, proprietary clay inhibitor that can be used with either polymer or bentonite drilling fluid systems.
- Greatly reduces clay rings and bit balling
- Increases returns to the surface
- Readily dispersible
- Reduces pullback pressures
- Reduces torque
Appearance Clear to light amber/pale yellow.
Odor. Faint amine odor.
Odor threshold. Threshold not determined.
Clay-Stop is to be used on any size HDD bore. Using Clay-Stop will greatly reduce or eliminate clay cuttings from sticking to each other and to the drilling tools.
- ¼ gallon of Clay-Stop treats 500 gallons of water
Recommended Fluid Formulation For Drilling In Clay (per 500 Gal)
- 2 LBS Soda Ash
Clay-Stop should be added to the drilling fluid system last. For sticky and swelling clays use 0.25 to .5 gallon per 500 gallons (2 to 4 liters/4 m3) depending on water sensitivity of the formation.
For maximum effectiveness, Clay-Stop should be used starting with the pilot hole and all reaming and pullback stages. Clays begin swelling and absorbing water immediately upon contact with water starting with the pilot hole. Clay-Stop will eliminate or greatly reduce this problem.