Mud Thin is a mud thinner and deflocculant that provides the cleanest and most effective mud viscosity control.
- Quick make-up and thinning action
- Functions over a wide pH range
- Contributes to fluid loss control
- Reduces mud viscositywithout mud dilution
Appearance Amber Liquid
Specific Gravity 1.3 g/cm³
Bulk Density 10.8 lb/ft³
Temp. Stability >400°
Mud Thin enhances and improves filtration rate control, functions at virtually all pH levels, and is non-toxic it also contains no heavy metals. It prevents bit balling and mud rings it also reduces viscosity and gel strenghts.
Bit Balling / Mud Rings
- ½ gallon to 1 gallon of Bore Thin per 500 Gallons
- Slowly add Mud thin to mud until desired viscosity is achieved
Bore Drill is a multi-functional liquid polymer designed to improve drilling efficiency in both horizontal and vertical drilled holes through its rapid field mixing, viscosity development, and clay and shale inhibition.
- Performance in fresh water to very heavy brines
- Shale stabilization
- Viscosity Modifier
- Supports fluid loss control
- Provides Borehole lubrication
Degree of Charge, % medium to low
Specific gravity @ 20°C 1.02 – 1.05
Viscosity, as is, cps ~1500
Shelf life, months 6
Dosage 0.5-2.0 lb/bbl
Designed for use as a drilling fluid polymer for improved viscosity, bit lubrication, and shale stabilization/inhibition. Can be mixed into bentonite slurries for use in vertical or horizontal drilling applications.
- ½ gallon of Bore Drill will treat 1000 gallons of water
Recommended Fluid Formulation for clay (Per 500 Gal)
- 2 LBS Soda Ash
- ¼ Gallon Bore Drill
- ¼ Gallon Bore Boost
Bore Drill inhibits the swelling of clay. Bore Clean is used as a wetting agent to prevent clay from sticking to the product line and downhole tooling. May need to increase Bore Clean to 4 Qts per 500 gallons if clay is highly reactive (sticky) Add soda ash at a rate of 1 pt/100 gallons to treat water prior to mixing other additives. Soda ash will enhance the yield of your additives.
Sand Pac is an easy mixing, water soluble, polymer supplied as a granular powder. Sand Pac is designed for preparation of viscous earth-reinforcing fluids or slurries for a variety of drilling, trenching, and walling applications in the geo-construction industry.
- Can be mixed directly in the borehole or excavation
- Stabilizes borehole while excavating; improves skin friction
- Non-gelling, even at high viscosities, facilitating settlement of fines, and maintenance of a clean fluid
- High cohesiveness to bind excavated soil and gravel
- Improves loading and removal of spoils
- Works well in both fresh and saltwater
Appearance: Solid. Powder. Dust.
ODOR: Odorless or no characteristic odor.
Sand Pac is ideal for slurry trenching, diaphragm walls, drilled shafts/bored piles, and tunneling.
Treatment For 500 Gallons of Water
- 5lbs of Sand Pac will treat 500 gallons of water, use Soda Ash to lower water hardness
- Sand Pac should be used in addition to other Velocity Energy Services products
Sand Pac should be mixed by sifting carefully into a stream of water directed into the excavation or an agitator mix tank. Make-up water should have a pH of 8-10; add 6 lbs SODA ASH per 1,000 gallons water.
Sand Zan P
Sand Zan P is a premium quality, powdered biopolymer that is used to enhance the carrying capacity of both clay and polymer-based drilling fluids. Sand Zan P is easily dispersible in fresh or brackish water.
- Can mix easily into pre-hydrated bentonite-based fluids
- Helps enhance system by increasing the suspension properties of the base drilling fluid with a minimal increase in viscosity
- Small packaging for ease of handling and reduction of waste
Appearance Free-flowing beige powder
Specific gravity 1.6
Bulk density (lb/ft3 ) 45
pH (0.14% or 0.5 lb/bbl) 7.1 – 7.4
Increased gel strength of the drilling fluid for better suspension of the drilled cuttings, coarse sand and gravel. Enhanced carrying capacity for solids suspension at lower viscosity to further ensure flowability on longer length bores and backreams.
- 3 to 5 pounds of Sand Zan P treats 500 gallons of water
- Best If Used with Other Velocity Products
Recommended Fluid Formulation sand and cobble (Per 500 Gal)
- 2 LBS Soda Ash
- 50 LBS Gel
Sand Zan P can be added to enhance the suspension capability of the fluid. Sand Zan P enhances the wall cake to keep the formation better isolated. Add soda ash at a rate of 1 LBS per 100 gallons to treat water prior to mixing other additives. Soda ash will enhance the yield of your additives.
Clay – Stop
Clay-Stop is a concentrated, non-hazardous, proprietary clay inhibitor that can be used with either polymer or bentonite drilling fluid systems.
- Greatly reduces clay rings and bit balling
- Increases returns to the surface
- Readily dispersible
- Reduces pullback pressures
- Reduces torque
Appearance Clear to light amber/pale yellow.
Odor. Faint amine odor.
Odor threshold. Threshold not determined.
Clay-Stop is to be used on any size HDD bore. Using Clay-Stop will greatly reduce or eliminate clay cuttings from sticking to each other and to the drilling tools.
- ¼ gallon of Clay-Stop treats 500 gallons of water
Recommended Fluid Formulation For Drilling In Clay (per 500 Gal)
- 2 LBS Soda Ash
Clay-Stop should be added to the drilling fluid system last. For sticky and swelling clays use 0.25 to .5 gallon per 500 gallons (2 to 4 liters/4 m3) depending on water sensitivity of the formation.
For maximum effectiveness, Clay-Stop should be used starting with the pilot hole and all reaming and pullback stages. Clays begin swelling and absorbing water immediately upon contact with water starting with the pilot hole. Clay-Stop will eliminate or greatly reduce this problem.